Thursday, June 10, 2010

My new project

One thing that I have come to realize in the past couple of days is how important it is to find ways to deal with stress. I try not to but it seems like I internalize so many of the days events sometimes. The days tick by my health is in check and then…WHAM! I can go from zero to emergency in about 2.5 seconds.

I could spend all day writing story after story of incidents involving my colitis. Could’t we all? Instead in this blog I want to share some of my recent experiences of what IS working instead of digressing to tales of crap filled pants or bursting in on my wife while she is to putting on makeup, trying to get ready for work. That’s right. we have only one bathroom in the Klein house.

My friend Shelly, who is studying in Seattle, Washington to be a nutritionist, was kind enough to send me some recipes that are anti-inflammatory and good for digestive health. The balsamic blueberries is the only one I have tried and it is awesome! I think it is going to become a staple as part of my breakfasts from now on. I will have to get back to you on the rest of them.

For the next month I will be going to have acupuncture done twice a week to help my colitis. I had my first session this past Thursday. I can’t wait to go back! Let’s just say that I am cautiously optimistic about the results. I have head of many good reports on it’s usefulness for many different ailments.

Last night me and my wife had some friends over for a cookout. There was a good time had by all. These past few weekends have been so busy that they really just seem to fly by.. With a new baby here in the upcoming weeks I don’t anticipate that changing much.

A little project I have had on the back burner for some time is to make up a photo album involving some of my favorite places in Richmond. I love the city that I live in. It is full of so much diversity and culture. There are quite many scenic, unique spots worthy of a photo or two. That being said…here is one of my favorite spots to grab a cup of coffee. I love the fact that it is just down the street!

Black Hand Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment