Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Alright...I've had it.

Sooooo since my last blog post which was back in July there has been some major changes in my life. The smallest, and biggest at the same was the birth of my son! I have loved being a dad. While it has had it's share of challenges it has been awesome thus far.

It was a week ago Friday that I was admitted into the hospital for the weekend. I had been maintaining at a really crappy place with my gut for a while and that Friday things came to a head. Earlier that week I had gotten scoped. The results of which my GI said was "moderate" colitis. I couldn't help wondering, as crappy as I had been feeling, what would he describe as "severe" colitis?

Anyway, it's like they say, drastic times call for drastic measures. I had heard some about the SCD a few months back. At the time the commitment was not there. I just couldn't bring myself to cut out some of the stuff that the diet was requiring. I also had been being proactive with my UC and had, for the most part, been doing pretty good.

One of the signs that the medicine I had been on was not working was finding them in the toilet shortly after taking them. Which led to....

I have since had a change of heart. Nothing like a hospital stay to bring that about don't ya' think? I just want to feel better and I am very weary of my ornery colon. am a few day's into the diet and can already tell a difference. One thing I like so far is that the recipes seem to be easy to follow and pretty tasty. I have a big sweet tooth so I have been relieved to see that there are alternatives. Especially with the holiday's here!


Despite feeling exhausted 90% of the time, I am hopefully optimistic about this diet. I have heard of many people having good success with it. Is anyone currently on this diet or had experience with it? I would love to hear others experiences.




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I was actually getting ready to do a post about part of this topic. I tried SCD too. I had a hard time sticking with it. Last week I started the South Beach Diet which basically cuts out all sugars and I have felt so much better. All of my symptoms have pretty much disappeared. I can't have a lot of things and it has been frustrating at times, but it has been totally worth it because I feel so much better.

    Good Luck with everything~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wishing you luck, and really hoping it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! Hope all is well with you both.

    ReplyDelete